Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) Medicare Advantage members can get 60 hours per year of free personalized support from Family on Demand.
Family on Demand is a companion care service provided through Papa Pals. These “Pals” are vetted community members who pass Papa’s interview process and a background check.
Family on Demand connects you to people in your community who show up where you are to make life easier. That includes:
- Help running errands
- Support using technology
- Light housework or pet care
- A conversation partner, movie-going buddy, or walk companion
- And more!
Note: The Family on Demand benefit is included on our MA Dual Plan and Plan 2 only.
Why do I need this benefit?
As you get older, you may not have easy access to help when you need it, or you may feel lonely and want a friend for conversation and activities.
This benefit may be especially useful if any of the following statements describes you:
- “I wish my family didn’t live so far away.”
- “I’d like to take my pet for more walks.”
- “There are fun things to do where I live, but I have no one to go with.”
- “I could use some help around the house, but I don’t need a housekeeper.”
Your emotional and mental health are just as important as your physical health. That’s why we recommend giving Family on Demand a try.
We’re here to help.
If you want to learn more about the Family on Demand benefit–including how to sign up—need print copies of plan materials, or have other questions, contact Customer Service at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.