CHPW Medicare Advantage Has You Covered
As your local Medicare Advantage plan provider, we are committed to serving our Washington communities.
- Community Health Plan of Washington was founded in 1992 by Washington’s Community Health Centers. We became the first not-for-profit managed care plan founded by Community Health Centers in the state.
- Our mission is to provide services that support the health and well-being of our members, both directly and through partnerships with our valued community-based providers.
- We work closely with local providers to ensure your health needs are being met. We step outside the clinical setting to help you access resources in your community.
Meeting You Where You Are
CHPW’s staff work hard every day to go above and beyond in serving our members.
In the early days of COVID-19 lockdown, we reached out to every single one of our Medicare Advantage members—twice—to make sure they were okay. During one of these calls, a member told us her cable had been shut off. A CHPW staffer helped her get it turned back on, so she’d feel a little less alone in a lonely time.
Another member requested help securing food, as she can’t shop in stores due to COVID-19. One of our community health workers connected her to a local restaurant offering free sack lunches to seniors.
Your health is more than doctor’s appointments and prescriptions.
Our Case Management team assisted a member in getting her most pressing health needs met: new batteries for her blood pressure cuff, a working glucometer, and financial support as she raises her three grandchildren.
Another member sought help from us when his electricity was turned off. Our housing specialist, who had been working with him to move to a better living situation, listened to his frustrations, called the electric company with him, and supported the member in advocating for himself.
We’re here to walk beside you on your journey to better health—through all the twists and turns.
CHPW was contacted by the wife of a member with multiple chronic conditions. Our staff helped her to identify signs that her husband needed emergency care, but after his hospitalization, the couple wasn’t getting the post-discharge help they needed.
CHPW staff stepped in, brainstormed another way the couple could get the support they needed, and told them not to worry about a bill—they’d already met their out-of-pocket maximum. CHPW would cover everything.
Why Choose CHPW Medicare Advantage?
Why should you choose us as your plan provider of choice? Find out how we do Medicare differently.
- Our goal: To provide affordable and high-quality health care for all. We design our plans with your needs in mind, and we support you every step of the way.
- Our plans: Our Medicare Advantage plans focus on treating the whole person. We make it simple to choose the right Medicare plan by helping you understand the benefits of each plan and suggesting an option that works for you.
- Our care: When you’re a member with us, you’re an individual, and you receive care personalized to your needs. We meet you in your community, with providers who feel like family.