Your health is about more than the doctor’s office. That’s why CHPW Medicare Advantage plans give you spending power where it counts: for your groceries, medicine, and wellness products.
- 2023 Plan 2 members can spend up to $25 per month on over-the-counter (OTC) health products.
- 2023 MA Dual Plan (HMO D-SNP) members can spend up to $175 per month on OTC health products and groceries: $125 for OTC purchases and $50 for groceries.
That’s a benefit of $300/year for Plan 2 members and $2,100/year for Dual members.
We partner with to bring you these benefits. You can use your OTC Network® card just like a credit card.
Note: Over-the-Counter Benefits are included on our MA Dual Plan and Plan 2 only.
How do I use my OTC and/or Grocery benefit?
There are 3 easy ways you can use your monthly benefit: in person, over the phone, or online.
- Visit one of 6,500+ participating store locations. (Need a lift? We cover rides to and from health-care-related errands.)
- Call CHPW’s Customer Service team at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Log into ConveyBenefits.com and place your order online 24/7. It will be delivered to your door.
What can I buy with this benefit?
You can use CHPW’s OTC benefit on many different health and wellness items. This includes:
- Nonprescription medicine: pain relievers, cough syrup, antacids
- Wellness items: sunscreen, toothpaste, vitamins
- Supplies: bandages, hand sanitizer, blood pressure monitor
The Grocery benefit is designed to help you eat more healthy foods. You can use it just like SNAP.* That means you can use this benefit to buy foods like:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
*CHPW’s Grocery benefit cannot be used on soda, candy, or bakery items.
How do I activate my card?
You should get your OTC & Grocery benefit card in the mail starting in mid-December 2022.
To activate your card, call 1-888-682-2400 (TTY:711) and enter your card number and your birthday (MMDDYYYY).
You can also activate your card online at http://www.mybenefitscenter.com/.
Once your card is activated, you can use it like a credit card to buy eligible items. (Please select “credit” when using your card as a payment method.)
OTC products are intended for member use only to help with a health or medical need. CHPW Medicare Advantage prohibits the use of this benefit to order OTC products for family members and friends.
Lost or stolen OTC items are not refundable and will not be replaced.
Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted.
2023 MA Dual Plan Over-the-Counter Benefit
Find and order your favorite over-the-counter products on our member OTC portal.
To check your balance, find participating retailers and manage your OTC card details, visit the benefits center at: http://www.mybenefitscenter.com.2023 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Products
- Browse Our 2023 Over-the-Counter Catalog
- Explore Catálogo del Beneficio de Productos de Venta Libre (OTC) de 2023 – Español
Don’t see the item you need? It may still be covered. To check if it’s been added to the catalog, call Customer Service at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
You will need your CHPW Medicare Advantage member ID card and date of birth to place your order.
- Online: Convey Website
- By phone: Call Convey at 1-855-858-5937 (TTY: 771) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST. (Please have your item number(s) ready when you call.)
- By mail: Complete the order form* and follow the included mailing instructions.
Once your card has been activated, you can make purchases with available funds.
*OTC order form and additional information located in the 2023 OTC Product Catalog and the Spanish translated product catalog..
We’re here to help.
To ask questions, request print copies of materials, and more, contact Customer Service at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week.