Here to support you
The Diabetes Care Program is here to help ensure you have the resources and support you need in managing your diabetes.
Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) offers the Diabetes Care Program to adult members with one of the following conditions:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
Diabetes Care Team
The Diabetes Care Team is made up of Case Managers who are registered nurses, certified diabetes care education specialists, and registered dietitians.
Team members are experts in diabetes care and use their knowledge to learn about your health needs. They use evidence-based practices to help you learn to independently manage your diabetes.
They will work with you to make sure you understand your health benefits, navigate the health care system, and coordinate your care.
What can the Diabetes Care Program do for you?
The Diabetes Care Program is one of the many benefits available to you through CHPW. Through the program, we can support you with:
- Understanding your diabetes
- Healthy eating
- Increasing physical activity
- Taking your medicine(s) on schedule
- Speaking up about your health needs to your doctor
- Quitting smoking
- Self-advocacy skills
- Renewing prescriptions
- Using medical equipment like a glucometer
- Learning how the health care system works so you can get the care you need
Diabetes Care Program services are individualized and incorporate your experiences, values, time, and resources.
How do I enroll in the Diabetes Care Program?
Here are some other ways we find members who might qualify for the Diabetes Care Program:
- We look at the results of the health assessments that all Medicare Advantage members take annually, and that Apple Health members take when they join CHPW.
- We look at data collected by utilization management and care management.
- Members may also be referred to the Diabetes Care Program from our other programs, such as Care Management.
If you have questions about the Diabetes Care Program, or want to refer yourself, please contact our Customer Service team.